time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Potato
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 cup Ham cooked and diced
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Fresh Nutmeg And Salt to season
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Peanut Oil for deep frying, use less or add more if necessary
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- In a large frying pan, melt butter and sauté the onion with salt pepper and nutmeg for about 5 minutes or until softened but not brown.
- Place onion in a large bowl. Add the mashed potatoes, cheese, egg yolk, cream, and ham and mix. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover the potato and refrigerate for several hours.
- Get two plates and put flour on one, breadcrumbs on the other.
- Whisk eggs in another bowl.
- Then, take about a tablespoon of mixture in your hands and form into a ball to create the croquettes.
- Roll it through the flour, shake off excess then dip into egg mixture and completely coat it and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Add enough peanut oil to large fry pan or use a deep fryer and heat it up.
- When the oil is ready, fry the croquettes for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.