Check out this healthy Sweet Potato and Baby Spinach Recipe!
Balls are one of the best kinds of food there is.
So yummy and decadent and you can eat one in one pop. But there’s a way to make balls really healthy — and you can convince your kids to eat them, too.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes (or You Can Use Normal Potatoes If They Are Cheaper!) peeled and cut into ½-inch (1.25 cm) pieces (about 3 cups/720 ml)
- 2 tbsp (30 Ml) Full Cream Coconut Milk canned
- 1 cup (240 Ml) Baby Spinach Leaves finely chopped (stems removed and discarded)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground) ground
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. Cut up the sweet potato (or potato if you like) - and cook until tender (about 20 minutes)
- Heat the Deep Fryer until hot.
- Mash the sweet potato until smooth. Add the coconut milk. Stir in the baby spinach and add the Cumin, Garlic and Salt.
- Roll into 4cm balls. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to firm up.
- Deep fry each ball for 5 - 6 minutes or until golden.
- Place on a paper sheet to drain, and then eat hot!