I love Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups for lots of reasons.
Did you know that turkey mince tastes exactly like chicken mince, is the same price as chicken mince but is much leaner and better for you?
As turkey mince has less fat, it can tend to be dry if overcooked, so keep a good eye on your frypan when making this for a delicious and healthy chicken alternative, and all under 300 calories!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frypan until quite hot.
- Add the turkey mince and cook whilst breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned through.
- Stir in the curry paste and fish sauce. Cook for a further minute or two for the sauces to be absorbed.
- Take the mince off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the diced red onion, shallots and lime juice.
- Spoon large spoonfuls into lettuce cups - and eat immediately.