Traditional Weetbix Slice is a staple I enjoyed growing up. This one contains peanut butter, for a non-peanut butter version – check out Chocolate Nut Free Weetbix Slice. It is best kept in the fridge or it gets very brittle.…
Traditional Weetbix Slice is a staple I enjoyed growing up.
This one contains peanut butter, for a non-peanut butter version – check out Chocolate Nut Free Weetbix Slice. It is best kept in the fridge or it gets very brittle.
This is the perfect dessert for times when your budget is stretched tight, with the entire thing coming together for less than $4! Consider it a sweet treat for the hard weeks.
For the price estimates here we’ve used a large national supermarket, but it’s possible (and highly encouraged) for you to look around at your local farmers market, local butcher or at discount grocers. You’re likely to find many of these ingredients even cheaper there!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour $0.11
- 3 Weetbix $0.20
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut $0.45
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar $0.45
- 150 grams Butter $1.20
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter $0.18
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice $0.40
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar sifted - $0.20
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a slice tray.
- In a bowl crush the Weetbix and add the flour, brown sugar and coconut.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave and add to the dry ingredients.
- Press the mixture into the slice tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon icing over the top.
- Store the Weetbix slice in the fridge or it becomes very crumbly.
- Mix until you get a nice icing consistency and spread over the top of the slice.