This flavourful Vanishing Vegetarian Fried Rice Recipe is filled with nutrients. It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s such a versatile recipe. You can add leftover meat in here to create a non-vegetarian version.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Long Grain Rice
- 1 large White Onion finely chopped
- 2 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 150 grams Capsicum chopped
- 1 Clove Of Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger finely grated
- 1/3 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Chinese Cabbage Or Bok Choy finely shredded
- 1/4 cup Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice by absorption method according to packet instructions then place in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan liberally with cooking oil spray and heat over medium heat. Mix the egg with one tablespoon water until combined then pour into the pan. Cook, moving the mixture around the pan until set then remove from the pan, cool slightly and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion and capsicum. Cook for 4-5 minutes then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for a further minute then add the peas, cabbage (or bok choy), rice and egg. Cook for 3-4 minutes until warmed through, toss the soy sauce through and mix until fully combined, then serve.