If you’re looking for a meat-free alternative to your favourite fancy spread, this Vege-Tastic Mushroom Pâté could be just what you’re looking for. As a kid I loved pâté, but I admit that over the years the thought that it contained lived (it doesn’t always, but still) did turn me off a little. When I became vegetarian that fancy pâté was one of the foods I missed, particularly at dinner parties.
Well, no more. Now I have this great mushroom pâté recipe that is totally vegetarian, and totally delicious. Throw it together for your next dinner party, the mixture can absolutely be frozen and is a crowd-pleaser for sure!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 300 grams Mushrooms variety of your choice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 200 grams Cream Cheese
- 0.3 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Salt or more, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or more, to taste
- Warm a heavy based frying pan over medium heat. Melt the butter in the pan.
- Once melted, add the mushrooms and garlic, stirring for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have released their water and the mixture is fragrant.
- Pop the mushroom mixture into the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the cream cheese and blend again. Stir through the parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave to cool, and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavour to develop. Serve on crackers, or toasted bread topped with spring onions.