White Chocolate Mud Cake is a very special cake fitting for a birthday cake, engagement cake or even a wedding cake. Not as dense as a traditional chocolate mud cake, but very decadent nonetheless.
White Chocolate Mud Cake is a very special cake fitting for a birthday cake, engagement cake or even a wedding cake.
Not as dense as a traditional chocolate mud cake, but very decadent nonetheless.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 250 grams Butter
- 180 grams White Chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Caster Sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup Thickened Cream
- 350 grams White Chocolate chopped
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Pre Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease a 20 cm round cake tin.
- Line with baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat without boiling until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Next, fold in the sifted flours and add the vanilla extract and egg.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Let the cake sit in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Ice with White Chocolate Ganache when cake is cool.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- In a small saucepan or microwave proof jug, add the cream and bring to the boil.
- Pour over the chopped white chocolate in a small bowl and mix until chocolate melts.
- Refrigerate but stir every 1/2 hour until the mixture is spreadable.
- Spread onto a cold cake.