Muffins can be a real trap sometimes, but these Wholemeal Date Muffins have a lot going for them. Yes, they contain sugar, as does any sweet and delicious item, but they addition of wholemeal flour and bran still makes them a…
Muffins can be a real trap sometimes, but these Wholemeal Date Muffins have a lot going for them. Yes, they contain sugar, as does any sweet and delicious item, but they addition of wholemeal flour and bran still makes them a worthwhile occasional treat.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Pitted Dates chopped
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Wholemeal Flour
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Bran
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Skim Sweetened Condensed Milk 300 gram
- 1/2 cup Milk 125 ml
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, or 160 degrees fan forced. Prepare a 12 hole muffin pan by greasing it or setting out some patty liners.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped dates and the bicarb soda. Stir through the hot water, and then add the condensed milk, milk and oil. Stir to combine.
- To this mixture add the egg, flour, bran, oats and spices. Mix until just combined, then spoon into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cook through when tested with a skewer.