If you don’t have one yet, a skillet is always a great thing to have in your kitchen, particularly if you want to cook something as delicious as this Wholesome Breakfast Skillet. Sure, a skillet can be bulky, but they’re an investment that is sure to last for years.
A good skillet isn’t just hard-wearing, it provides a really interesting depth of flavour to your dishes. We love to throw this breakfast skillet together on the weekends when we have a little time on our hands, and we need a protein hit for the day of activity ahead.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook potatoes until tender but still firm. You can also choose to cook in microwave if you want.
- Put the bacon chunks into a large, deep skillet. Cook on a medium-high heat until they are well browned. Remove from skillet and set aside. Drain grease from pan (optional)
- Place the potatoes into the skillet and cook on a medium heat until they are browned. Flip or stir to prevent sticking.
- Add in the capsicums, onion and mushrooms, cooking until all vegetables are render.
- Stir in the cooked bacon, the garlic powder, paprika and salt and paper (to taste).
- Sprinkle half the cheese into the mix, then stir. Add the rest over the top.
- Now break the eggs into the mixture, spreading them evenly around the top of the skillet. Pop a lid on the skillet and cook on a low heat until the eggs are cooked through. You’ll see this when the egg whites are no longer transparent. Cook for longer if you like your yolks well done.