List of Australian Meal Delivery Services 2020
Families are busier than ever before! And if you listen to podcasts or see the television, you will see the rise of many fresh meal delivery services. These always seem attractive – not having to go food shopping with kids, having it delivered to your door and all the thought taken out of ‘What am I going to cook for dinner’.
I won’t lie – meal delivery services are (of course) more expensive than buying and making food at home from scratch, and I’m certainly not pretending or advocating that they aren’t. But after trying a few of these to see what the hype is all about – I can see both positives and negatives.
The Positives to Meal Delivery Services:
- The thought is taken out of what to create with the ingredients you have on hand. Everything is laid out for you, ready to go.
- There is no waste. Every last item is used up.
- The variety of food is wonderful. Loads of different meats, vegetables, and sauces.
- You can keep the recipe cards and use them again to make a recipe (and shop for the ingredients yourself)
- Most services cater to special diets, have vegan and vegetarian options, paleo, keto and gluten-free.
- It does expand your knowledge on cooking – and is certainly a good thing to try if you are stuck in the ‘Meat and three-veggies’ rut.
- You don’t have to go to the supermarket with two screaming kids demanding ice cream.
The Negatives to Meal Delivery Services:
- It is more expensive than going to the supermarket. But it should be, they are doing the shopping and packing for you. Always look for cheap deals, coupon codes and discounts where you can!
- If you live rurally, you may struggle to get some of them to deliver to you.
- Lots of packaging which isn’t great for the environment.
- Sometimes the freshness of the food may be an issue.
- Some of the recipes take longer than I would usually spend on cooking a meal (if it takes longer than 20 minutes, I usually won’t do it…)
- You still have to actually cook it and make it yourself, except for Lite n Easy.
So here is a list of Australian Meal Delivery Services!
We got to review the Dinnerly Box: TESTED: Our Honest Dinnerly Review 2020 (and Get a $60 Discount)
Dinnerly is much like Hello Fresh, you choose the recipes and the delivery date, and a recipe card and all of the ingredients will be delivered right to your door. There is no lock-in contract and you can choose exactly what you want in the box – or not. It is the most affordable meal delivery service in Australia.
To keep costs down, they have digital recipe cards rather than cardboard cards, few ingredients per dish, simpler packaging and no fancy marketing campaigns. If you want to check out what’s on their delicious menu – check it out here!
A two-person Dinnerly Box costs from $4.95 per person, and a Family Box is $5.75 per portion. Less if you can find a dinnerly coupon code! See below:
Delivery is most of NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory, Tasmania and ACT, and the rest of Australia will be rolled out soon.
- Dairy-Free Options
- Low Carb Options
- Kid-Friendly Meal Options
- Vegetarian Options
- Gluten-Free Options
- Vegan Options
Dinnerly Promotional Code:
Enter during Step 4: Payment to apply the discount.
For new users only – for one-time use! Valid until the 31st December 2020.
Youfoodz is a pre-cooked meal delivery service with perfectly portioned meals that assist with weight-loss. The meals are freshly made, however as not a meal kit, you have to trade off that some of the meals won’t be as fresh, that would be impossible…but the good thing is you don’t need to cook and food quality is better than a frozen microwave meal from the supermarket.
The YouFoodz range is rather impressive, with around 47 meals in their ready-made meals range. Combined their “larger” meal range, and the range of snacks, fruit and vegetable boxes, there is decent selection to keep up the variety in your diet. It’s not all super boring too, the choc brownie bites look amazing!
Purchasing one-off meals, you are looking at around $9.95 a meal, however, buying a pack selection does get a bulk discount. YouFoodz In comparison to other meal kits when you weight up your time, shipping costs etc that prices come in on average about the same as others.
- Dietary Selections: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free. View Full Meal Range >
- Huge Range: 47 Meal Selections + a huge range of snacks, drinks, additions and larger portions.
- Balanced Portions with Calorie and Macro Nutrient profiles, so you can count and manage your intake with MyFitnessPal or similar.
- Freeze or Keep Fresh: Average shelf life of six to nine days in the fridge. Fish meals might be shorter.
What they offer:
Whether you’re a vegetarian or an omnivore, cooking for two or feeding a whole hungry horde, HelloFresh has the right meal plan for you! Choose from classic, vegetarian or family-friendly recipes, then select how many meals you need and for how many people.
What’s it Like?
Really really delicious actually! I tried it for about four weeks and although cooking took a little longer than usual (because it was a bit different to the extremely basic way I usually cook) – it was so yummy. I still use the recipe cards now to make it at home – but it was convenient that there was no waste and I didn’t have to go shopping for a million difference ingredients.
Where they deliver:
The delivery areas are changing and increasing all the time so check their website to have a look!
HelloFresh Promotional Code
EveryPlate simplifies the Meal Delivery in a Box. It only offers eight tasty recipes every week (you get to choose from those eight), and is totally flexible with fresh, quality ingredients delivered weekly to your door. Each recipe has easy to follow step-by-step instructions. You can choose the number of people you are feeding, and the number of meals required per week.
We have a great introductory offer so you can try EveryPlate for just $2.99 per meal!
It all started with one goal in mind: to shake up the ready-meal industry through serving nutritious, delicious and high-quality meals made with locally sourced ingredients and handcrafted by real-life chefs. Chefgood’s focus is weight loss meals – they have slim and trim meal plans under 350 calories per meal – delivered to your door!
Once you’ve chosen your meal plan and the meals you want from their menu, Chefgood will source the best local produce and meats and their chefs prepare the delicious meals at their local kitchen in Melbourne and express delivery across Australia, direct to your front door or desk. Just in case you’re not home when your delivery arrives, Chefgood makes sure to pack your food neatly in a box with ice packs to keep your food fresh until you’re home.
They currently have 4 meal plans to choose from: Slim & Trim, Train & Tone, Mix & Match and Vegetarian. Check out their mouth-watering menu – CLICK HERE!
USE discount code SAHM20CG for $20 off their first order of Chefgood meal plan!
Marley Spoon offers fresh ingredients delivered straight to your door. You pop onto their website and choose the recipes you would like to cook for the week, they then collage all the ingredients and delivery them. All ingredients are pre-measured so there is zero waste. You can skip a delivery at any time – and they offer both a ‘Two Person’ and ‘Four Person’ box.
- Offers Dairy-Free Options
- Gluten-Free Options
- Low Carb Options
- Vegetarian Options
- Vegan Options
- Family-Friendly Options
Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Wollongong, Newcastle and the NSW Central Coast.
Available Marley Spoon Discount Codes:
Diamond Blue Catering has been providing affordable, professional catering services to Melbourne and surrounding areas for over 10 years. Driven by the passion of Chef and Manager, Todd Graham, our catering services provide both exquisite menu options and outstanding customer service that will leave you and your guests feeling like VIPs.
For quotes and enquiries you can click here or call 1300 546 144.
Oodee is a food home delivery service that delivers fresh ingredients that are washed, cut & portioned, so there’s no prep required. Meal Packs are delivered next day & are cooked in 10 mins. Recipe cards are provided with all Meal Packs with easy-to-follow instructions to ensure everyone can cook with Oodee.
- Order by 11:59pm & receive next day delivery
- Delivers 7 days a week
- Servings start from $5
- No prep required
- Cooked & ready in 10 minutes
- No lock ins or contracts – order what you want, when you want
- Delivery Areas: They currently deliver Sydney wide, but are working on expanding their network.
Started in Brisbane in 2014, Nourish’d supplies healthy meals to be delivered each week. They offer a variety of packs depending on how many meals you wish to order. Nourish’d mission is to eliminate the ‘Eat Crap or Go Hungry delimma’ and we love that!
Nourishd has over 50 different meal options available including a Vegetarian range.
How much does it cost?
- If you sign up to their newsletter you get $20 off your first order.
- 5 meals start at $69.35 (price correct as of October 2019)
- 10 meals from $128.70
- 15 meals from $178.99
Nourish’d currently deliver Australia wide with the exception of Western Australia and NT however, they are one of the only ones on Tassie!
My Muscle Chef provides meals for those striving to achieve health and fitness goals. You choose the plan depending on your preferred outcome. These frozen meals are available at many supermarkets and gyms. Use the My Muscle Chef promo code below to make a great saving off your order.
My Muscle Chef Promo Code
11. Lite N Easy
What they offer:
Lite n’ Easy delivers great tasting, healthy meals that make it easy to lose weight and manage your weight. It’s also a convenient solution for time-poor people who are too busy to shop or cook every day. Whatever your motivation, we’re confident Lite n’ Easy will work for you.
Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia
Have you tried any of these services? What are your thoughts of using these for family meals?
- Xmas Food
- Xmas Food