10 Steps to Start Your Online Business
There’s money to be made in business if you have the right idea.
So is it really a surprise that so many people are interested in starting their own business, disconnecting themselves from the 9-5 life, and heading out on their own? We certainly don’t think it’s strange, but we do think these 10 steps to starting your online business are worth reading. So what are you waiting for?
1. Figure Out Your Passion or See an Untapped Need
Obviously, the first step in getting into an online business is to figure out what you’re passionate about. If you aren’t really sure what kind of business you want to get into, better understanding of your passions could help you get there. Remember, it might seem like a good idea to latch onto a business concept that you think will make you money, but if you aren’t passionate about it, you’ll find it always hard to work on.
Write down the things you love to do in your spare time. Whether it is gardening, reading, cooking, researching online or even just talking with your friends on social media. All of these things you love can be turned into a business. And starting a business doing something you love, will give you that drive and passion for really getting it off the ground.
Here are a few ideas on how to expand on one idea of a passion:
Read More: 100 Easy Small Business Ideas
- Start your own plant nursery and sell them online or at your local markets.
- Start a gardening blog and monetize it.
- Write an ebook about how to look after gardens.
- Design gardens for your local area.
- Become a book reviewer or start your own book blog and make money by using affiliate marketing.
- Become a book editor and find work by advertising on local business Facebook pages.
- Read manuscripts on behalf of agents and present your report at the end.
- Become a Book Agent for up and coming writers.
- Bake Wedding or Birthday Cakes and sell to the public.
- Hold Cake Decorating Classes or Cooking Classes
- Bake ready-made meals to be picked up by time-poor people
- Sell your amazing cupcakes at the local markets
- Start a catering business
- Make your own sauces, spices and mixes and get them on the supermarket shelves
- Start a cooking blog.
Social Media Addict:
- Become a Facebook Moderator for time-poor businesses
- Start your own social media marketing business
- Set up Facebook Pages for small businesses that don’t know how to do it.
- Teach social media to the elderly.
Online Research Lover:
- Start a genealogy service
- Write historical e-books for small towns or suburbs
- Product and service research
When you see a need!
A good friend of mine was up on her roof cleaning solar panels one day when her elderly neighbour asked her to do her solar panels too. One neighbour turned into a whole street, one street became a neighbourhood, now she employs 5 people to wash solar panels yearly!
Think of the things that you need done around the house – and what your neighbours might need doing – find that niche – and start a business doing just that!