Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.

Car Seat Advice

I know it is frowned upon for a child 4-8 years to be in a untethered booster over a fully harnessed seat. But I have a dilemma where by my child is almost outgrown there compq car seat and to date I have not been able to find a suitable replacement seat. Would anyone have a car seat recommendation that is the same as the compq where there is no adjustable head rest


Got an Answer?

Answers (4)

Go to a cop shop

 Sorry how is going to the police station going to help most police officer have little knowledge of seats
helpful (0) 
 Well just a guess here but I'm assuming they would know the law
helpful (0) 
 Ha, doubt it. Police are clueless when it comes to car seats.
helpful (0) 
Answered by SAHM Staff

Look up kidsafe in your state, they should be able to help

I think it's 145 cm (not sure of weight), rather than age. It's to do with not slipping out of the seatbelt in an impact.
Google it. I found a 'Britax safe n sound Kid guard' - up to 10 years of age (most are 8) by searching 'larger booster seats'. There were others as well.