Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.

Accessing my super

I have 6 grand in super and it's all tied up in the "I can't withdraw it" account lol. So I am wondering is it possible to roll it over to another fund to be able to withdraw it? The reason is I'd like to put the money towards my house deposit.


Got an Answer?

Answers (3)

No. Unless you're in mega financial difficulty and have been unemployed for consecutive 6 months with no savings then you can't access it.

OP God dammit! Thank you for the info
helpful (0) 
 I think another way is when people get doctors to write that they need surgery that's medically necessary to save them lol. Because all the people I know with gastric sleeve have withdrawn funds to pay for the procedure
helpful (0) 
 Thats crazy. I know you can access it if you're terminal but I didn't realize doctors were doing that.
helpful (0) 

Even if terminally ill some supers aren’t releasing and they then have to fight legally while dying. Don’t even bother trying