Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.

I am a single mom with two daughters (ages 8 & 9) and on only Centerlink and Child Supports incomes at the moment. Can I still rent a house?

My relationship with my new partner has come to an end and I want to leave the property as he is not going to leave, but it is hard for me to secure a rental application as I am unemployed


Answers (2)

Yes I did. Just be up front with them. I wrote a letter to the owner with my situation. Renting for 2 yrs now with no problems.

Yes you can still rent a house but you need to show that you will be able to pay it.