Ask SAHM is a place where you can ask our staff & community a question safely & anonymously. Please read our disclaimer.

Does your family tax benefit stop when your child stops high school and takes up a Traineeship?

Im a single parent.
Please dont tell me to ring Centrelink because i have more then 5 times and nobody knows the answer there either !!! Have also read and re-read the website and there is no answer there as well.


Answers (1)

Is the traineeship equivalent to any of these?

What is full time secondary study for FTB
Full time secondary study can include any of the following:

-study leading towards a year 12 qualification
-an accredited secondary course through a secondary school, TAFE, higher education institution, or special school
-an Australian Qualification Framework Certificate II or higher qualification issued by a Registered Training Organisation or higher education institution
-Certificate II, III or IV of General Education, the International Baccalaureate or other higher education pre-entry course.

 I'm thinking you won't qualify, but he can claim his own payments

helpful (0) 
 Thank you for answering...She will be doing a Diploma of Early Childhood Education through TAFE.

It is a Australian Qualification Framework qualification.

So what do you think??

helpful (0) 
 Bumma! Cant claim her own payment as she is being paid, she’s worked since she was 13.5. She will be earning too much to claim.
helpful (0) 
 Oh that sucks. I guess just update your details about her study and see what happens.
helpful (0)