It’s incredible what natural substances you can use to clean around the house!
I love Cleaning with Lemons as they have a beautiful aroma and leave the house feeling really fresh and clean! Here’s some ways you can clean with lemons!
1. Freshen up your dishwasher by cutting a lemon in half and popping one or both halves in the cutlery rack.
2. You can clean and deodorise your chopping boards by rubbing them with lemon.
To boost its cleaning power, sprinkle the cutting board first with coarse salt and then scour the surface using half of a lemon. Don’t forget to slightly squeeze to release the juices.
3. Pour about 25mls of lemon juice into a litre of water – use this solution to clean your windows and mirrors.
Use lint-free cloth (you can use coffee filters!) to wipe the solution dry.
4. Remove mildew from clothes by pouring lemon juice onto the mildew spots, then rubbing it with salt.
Put it out in the sun for a couple of hours then wash it as normal in the washing machine.
5. Remove stubborn stains from your bathtub by dipping half a lemon in salt then rub it on the stains.
Lemon contains acid that breaks down bacteria and dirt. To maximise its cleaning power, you can also use bicarb soda.
6. Store half a lemon in your fridge to eliminate odours.
Similarly, you can also use a sponge or cotton wool as a diffuser. Simply dab lemon juice on it and leave it inside the fridge for several hours.
More things you can clean with lemons next page!