It’s incredible what natural substances you can use to clean around the house. I love Cleaning with Lemons as they have a beautiful aroma and leave the house feeling really fresh and clean! Here’s some ways you can clean with lemons!
- Freshen up your dishwasher by cutting a lemon in half and popping one or both halves in the cutlery rack.
- You can clean and deodorise your chopping boards by rubbing them with lemon juice.
- Pour about 25mls of lemon juice into a litre of water – use this solution to clean your windows and mirrors.
- Remove mildew from clothes by pouring lemon juice onto the mildew spots, then rubbing it with salt. Put it out in the sun for a couple of hours then wash it as normal in the washing machine.
- Remove stubborn stains from your bathtub by dipping half a lemon in salt then rub it on the stains.
- Store half a lemon in your fridge to eliminate odours.
- Clean your microwave by heating some lemon slices in a bowl of water for 30 seconds, then wipe down the inside of the microwave.
- Degrease your BBQ by putting straight lemon juice on it and giving it a good wipe down.
- Clean your drains by sprinkling some bicarb soda in the drain followed by some hot lemon juice and then hot water.
- Mix ½ a cup of borax and 1 cup of lemon juice to use as a toilet cleaner.
- Make an all-purpose cleaner by mixing equal parts water and lemon juice in a spray bottle – great for kitchens and bathrooms (but patch test first!). Also try a spray bottle of white vinegar with a small amount of lemon juice.
- Clean tile grout by dipping an old toothbrush into lemon juice then give the grout a good scrub.
- Soak plastic food storage containers in a solution of lemon juice and water (about half/half) overnight. In the morning, add a little bicarb soda and scrub, rinse and dry.Great for tomato sauce stains in the containers!
If you have any other suggestions, please share!!