Today, Keanu Reeves is is still one of the most well-loved actors in Hollywood.
And for good reason. Reeves remained humble and genuine to his friends, family and his fans ever since he started his acting career. We love him and he still is the ultimate hunk… If you love Keanu as much as we do, we gathered a list of facts about him. We just love him and these are only 50 reasons why! If you ask us we can definitely give you more!
1. Because he was ‘Neo’.
First of all, Keanu Reeves is amazing simply because he played Neo in The Matrix.
2. He’s dedicated.
He learned over 200 martial arts moves for The Matrix Reloaded.
3. He donates lots of money
During The Matrix, he donated $75 million to the special effects and costume design teams because he said they deserved it.
4. He gave Harley Davidson motorbike gifts.
He gave each member of The Matrix’s 12-strong stuntman team a Harley Davidson motorbike.
5. His big break in Hollywood was in 1994.
He starred in the action film Speed opposite Sandra Bullock.
6. He turned down “Speed 2: Cruise Control”.
Despite his success in Speed, he turned down a huge paycheque for “Speed 2: Cruise Control” in favour of touring with his band and starring in a production of “Hamlet.”
7. He made the big move to Hollywood.
He drove all the way there in his 1969 Volvo.
8. He agreed to take a big pay cut of a few million dollars..
During the making of the “The Devil’s Advocate,” he agreed to take a big pay cut of a few million dollars, so the producers could also afford to bring Al Pacino into the movie.
9. He also took a 90% pay cut…
so that producers could bring on board Gene Hackman in The Replacements.
10. He had a supporting role in the Rob Lowe hockey flick “Youngblood”.
That was in 1986 and the movie was filmed in Canada.
11. His first dramatic appearance was when he was 9…
It was in the summer camp and in the chorus of Damn Yankees.
12. He’s a Virgo.
He was born on September 2, 1964 in Beirut, Lebanon.
13. His full name is Keanu Charles Reeves.
His first name, Keanu means ‘cool breeze over the mountains’ in Hawaiian. How…perfect!
14. He is British, Portuguese, Native Hawaiian, and Chinese.
This is through the ancestry of his father. What a beautiful human.
15. He is 6′ 1″ (1.85 m) tall.
16. He lived in Australia for a while.
He lived here with his mother and younger sister, and then moved to New York then Toronto in Canada.
17. While living in Toronto, Keanu was expelled from one of the four high schools he attended in a span of five years.
He said: “I was just a little too rambunctious and shot my mouth off once too often.
I was not generally the most well-oiled machine in the school.
I was just getting in their way, I guess.”
18. He loved Ice Hockey as a young boy.
He was nicknamed “The Wall” for being a team goalie.
19. He had a ghostly encounter as a child.
He told British tabloid, The Sun:
“I remember just staring at this suit which had no body or legs in it as it came into the room before disappearing. It was a double-breasted suit in white and I looked at my nanny, who was just as shocked as me. I just couldn’t get back to sleep afterwards.”
20. He dropped out of school.
In order to pursue his acting career.
21. As a teenager, he worked as a manager at a pasta restaurant in Toronto.
22. He once had a job sharpening ice skates.
23. Reeves landed the lead role in a Coca-Cola commercial.
24. He also played bass guitar for the grunge band, Dogstar in 1991.
25. He is a motorcycle enthusiast.
He started manufacturing his own bikes with the Arch Motorcycle Company.
26. He is smart.
That California doofus tag has followed Keanu around since the beginning (probably thanks to Ted). But did you know he can recite Shakespeare sonnets from memory? Or that he’s read all seven volumes of Proust’s ‘A la Recherche du Temps Perdu’? Who’s stupid now, eh?
27. He loves ballroom dancing.
Believe it or not, Keanu Reeves loves ballroom dancing.
28. He published a book called Ode to Happiness.
Despite having dyslexia, Keanu loves books and is a voracious reader and writer.
29. He lost people he loves the most and still kept on going.
He lost his baby daughter, Ava Archer Syme-Reeves, and then 18 months later he also lost his girlfriend, Jennifer Syme, Ava’s mother. She died in a car crash.
30. He smashed into the side of a mountain in Topanga Canyon while on a demon ride.
He was hospitalised for a week with broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.
31. In 2008, he was sued in Los Angeles by paparazzo Alison Silva for $711,974.
The driver woman claimed he hit and injured him with his Porsche, but was unsuccessful in her pursuit.
32. In 2014, a female stalker made her way into his home.
She took a shower in his bathroom and swam naked in his swimming pool. Thankfully, he was not home when the stalker was discovered and arrested.
33. He became his sister’s caretaker when she was diagnosed with leukaemia.
He has also donated millions of dollars to cancer research and children’s hospitals.
34. He’s honest about his bad habits.
He said he started smoking at the age of 30, a bad habit he picked up while he was on film sets. He’s trying to give it up, though.
35. He’s got a big heart.
He has been spotted hanging out on the streets of Los Angeles, where he lives now, with homeless people. And even sharing a drink? He also played an on-and-off again hockey game that lasted 10 years with strangers he happened to meet on the street one day.
36. He’s a no-bias type of guy.
He remains diplomatic when it comes to serious debates:
@lastkajen: “Hi, what do you like the most, cats or dogs?”
@_KeanuReeves[S]: “Apples and oranges. I’m going to say some days cats, some days dogs. Depends on the cats and dogs you meet.”
37. He maintains a simple life.
He marked his 46th with a solitary cupcake outside a warehouse and if fans stopped by to take photos, he gladly obliged.
38. He’s modest
Even though he’s deemed a super-hunk he is embarrassed about his body — sometimes.
39. He’s sometimes credited as K.C. Reeves.
This was because his representation thought Keanu sounded too exotic.
40. Keanu Reeves AND puppies.
Too much cuteness!
41. He is neither Buddhist nor atheist.
42. He is most excellent.
43. He looked handsome in the “Sad Keanu” Meme that spread across the internet.
44. He was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in January of 2005.
45. His net worth is $360 million.
46. He’s also a credited director.
In 2015 his directorial debut “Man of Tai Chi” premiered at the Beijing Film Festival.
47. He is a big fan of the Olympics.
49. He was voted as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
Chosen by “People” magazine.
50. Because even if he is now older than 50
…he still looks 15 years younger!