Snack foods don’t get much better than these 3-Ingredient Flaky American Biscuits. They’re super tender with so many flaky layers they basically melt in your mouth. So, you can expect them to be super moorish.
Unlike ‘biscuits’ in Australia, American biscuits are savoury, and these ones are as simple as they come.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- In a food processor pulse together the softened cream cheese, butter and flour until combined. This shouldn’t take more than 10 pulses or so. Stop to scrape the processor halfway.
- Turn this mixture out onto a piece of flour-dusted baking paper and pat into the shape of a disk. Cover with cling film and pop in the fridge for one hour.
- Once cooled, place an oven rack close to the top of the oven and preheat to 220 degrees. Prepare a large baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface, unwrap your dough and sprinkle with some more flour. Take a rolling pin and also sprinkle with flour. Roll the dough out to be about 1-1.5cm thick.
- Take a biscuit cutter about 3cm wide (these are tiny remember), and cut the dough. Don’t spin the biscuit cutter, just press straight down. These won’t work if you use a glass to cut the dough.
- Place these biscuit ‘disks’ onto your baking paper a few cm apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on the top rack until the are puffy and golden. At the halfway point, rotate the pan. For an extra decadence, feel free to brush the tops with melted butter. Eat fresh and warm.