Avocado Ice Cream with Macadamia Praline
If you have avocados, sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk at home then you have the makings of avocado ice cream! Avocado Ice Cream is a great sneaky way to get the kids to get their fill of omega 3, anti-oxidants and cholesterol free ‘good fats’ into their diet.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Remove seed and peel Avocado.
- Place avocado, pour condensed milk and coconut milk into ice cream maker.
- Turn on ice cream maker for 2 hours until blended and frozen (it will Gelato like consistency).
- Once ice cream maker is finished remove Avocado Ice Cream into a freezer safe container. Cover and seal tightly with cling wrap.
- Place Avocado Ice Cream in freezer for another 2 hours to firm up.
- Scoop out and serve with Macadamia Brittle.
- Cover flat baking tray with baking paper you need to have this ready for when the brittle is ready to pour onto the tray.
- Roughly chop macadamia nuts and set aside.
- Pour water and castor sugar into medium saucepan. Stir well with no heat yet until sugar dissolves.
- Turn on heat to high and DO NOT STIR! You need to watch it and allow it to bubble until it starts to turn golden brown (allow it to bubble away for about 10 minutes).
- Once the mix is golden brown add the macadamias then immediately pour onto the lined baking tray. Spread out using a spatula.
- Allow to cool and set for 20 minutes.
- Remove from tray and keep on baking paper, roughly cut with sharp knife.
- Sprinkle over Avocado Ice Cream.