Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- In a heavy based saucepan heat the olive oil and cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the same pan and cook until the onion is very soft.
- Add the drained beans, syrup, tomato paste, tins of tomatoes and mustard powder.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until the mixture thickens and reduces.
- Add the bacon back into the mixture and serve the homemade baked beans piping hot on toast.