These Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls For 30c EACH!
Cheese and Vegemite make such a delicious combination. Add some beautiful light scone mixture and turn this into a scroll, which not only tastes great, but you can freeze them!
Perfect for the school lunch box, or a snack on the go! These snacks are also super affordable, at only 30c each.
This Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls recipe makes 10, but you can easily double it or more. You’ll never buy a pre-made scroll again!!
For the price estimates here we’ve used a large national supermarket, but it’s possible (and highly encouraged) for you to look around at your local farmers market, local butcher or at discount grocers. You’re likely to find many of these ingredients even cheaper there!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour $0.40
- 1/2 tsp Salt $0.05
- 50 grams Butter $0.40
- 1 1/2 cups Milk $0.40
- 200 grams Cheese Cheddar grated - $1.20
- 2 tbsp Vegemite $0.50
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like fine bread-crumbs.
- Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured board.
- Roll to form a rectangle that is roughly 40cm x 25cm.
- Spread Vegemite over the dough using a blunt knife.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese over the top.
- Roll up the dough starting from a long side first. Cut 10 × 4cm pieces from the roll.
- Place these pieces close together, cut side up on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.