This Chicken San Choy Bau recipe is truly a treat for the whole family!
Make use of your leftover chicken mince by transforming it to this meaty and veggie treat. This recipe could also make use of either chicken or pork mince, also chicken breast is a good option. Serve with noodles and you’re good to go!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 gram Canola Oil one tablespoon
- 1 White Onion finely chopped
- 1 Celery 1 stick
- 500 grams Chicken Mince
- 1 Carrot grated
- 150 grams Mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/4 gram Water Chestnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp Bean Sprouts chopped
- 50 grams Snow Peas finely shredded
- 1/4 Hoisin Sauce 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 8 Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the chicken mince and mix together, breaking the mince up with a fork. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, snow peas, hoisin and sesame oil and continue cooking for 5 minutes, tossing to coat chicken mix entirely in the sauce.
- Serve the san choy bau mix spooned into lettuce cups and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.