Christmas time is all about the goodies, and it doesn’t get more quintessential than this Christmas Surprise Fudge. Fudge is such a Christmas treat, and this particular fudge is filled with lots of Christmas flavours to really get you in the mood for the holiday season.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 395 grams Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Glucose Syrup
- 125 grams Butter chopped
- 180 grams Dark Chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup Fruit Mince homemade or bottled
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Mixed Nuts dry roasted
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Grease a square baking pan about 15-20cm in size. The large the pan, the thinner your fudge will be. Line the base and the sides with baking paper, allowing an overhang so you can get the fudge out once it has set.
- In a saucepan on a low heat place the condensed milk, sugar, glucose syrup and butter. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Do not allow to boil. After 10 minutes the mixture should be glossy and the sugar dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the mix thickens and comes away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate, fruit mince, cranberries and mixed nuts until chocolate is melted and everything is well combined. You can set some cranberries and mixed nuts aside to top, but this is optional.
- Scoop into the prepared pan, and smooth the top. Sprinkle with mixed nuts and cranberries if you have set them aside. Rest for 30 mins, then cover with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge for 6 hours or until well firmed.
- Slice into small squares.