This coffee and walnut ripple cake is super delish and perfect to have for your biggest morning tea! Not too light, not too heavy, not too sweet, it makes a great all rounder. Try topping with mixed berries or other fresh fruits for a lift, or maybe you could do a crumble style topping. Yum!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Jura Espresso Coffee
- 250 grams Butter Softened
- 150 grams Caster Sugar
- 50 grams Walnuts chopped
- 5 Eggs large
- 150 grams Flour plain
- 150 grams Wholemeal Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 130 ml Jura Espresso Coffee freshly brewed
- 75 grams Walnuts
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 25 grams Brown Sugar
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Ripple: Finely grind walnuts, mix in sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Prepare 130ml of freshly brewed JURA espresso coffee. Cool before use
- Beat margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy then add eggs, coffee and sift the dry ingredients. Beat together until creamy and fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and lined baking tin, sprinkle the ripple mix, then cover with the rest of the batter. Use a spoon handle to draw a swirly pattern through the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Cut into 16 squares, as an added extra, top with fresh raspberries and enjoy with a fresh JURA espresso.