I grew up eating Creamed Rice. Any time we had rice for dinner, Mum would put the rice uncovered in the fridge for it to dry out a little, and we would have Creamed Rice the next day. So cheap…
Any time we had rice for dinner, Mum would put the rice uncovered in the fridge for it to dry out a little, and we would have Creamed Rice the next day.
So cheap to make!
Arborio rice does make the best creamed rice version, but you can use any type of rice you like.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Arborio Rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Milk (1000 Millilitres)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a saucepan bring the water and rice to the boil.
- Carefully add the milk, vanilla and sugar and simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes to stop the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- When the mixture has thickened and the rice is cooked well, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Serve cold or warm with a light sprinkle of cinnamon.