Frugal Quarantine Muffins
You know what I love about making muffins? They are a great way of using up what needs to be eaten in the fridge. I love that you can make savoury or sweet muffins – and that everything tastes better when it is cooked in a muffin. Plus my boys will eat muffins – even with green things like vegetables in them!
So there is the basic recipe below, then you add one cup of whatever you like. I’ve made a few suggestions below if you get stuck for ideas:
Sweet Frugal Quarantine Muffin Ideas:
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Apricots
- Peanuts, Cashews or Walnuts
- Mashed Banana, or Pears
Savoury Frugal Quarantine Muffin Ideas:
- Mashed Potato
- Mixed Vegetables
- Grated Carrot and Zucchini
- Herbs and Grated Cheese
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Butter (room Temperature)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Your Chosen Ingredient
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Frugal Quarantine Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (or 180 for a fan forced oven)
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- In a separate jug, mix together the milk, melted butter and the egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients plus the one cup of whatever you choose.
- Fold the ingredients together.
- Spoon into a 12-hole muffin tin (lined with muffin casings)
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until risen and golden.