If you love Anzac Biscuits but you don’t love what the gluten in them does to you, try the Gluten-Free Anzac Slice.
It’s a delicious and healthy version, just as tasty as the real deal but more nutritious! This Gluten-Free Anzac Slice is best eaten on the day it is made, on Anzac Day of course!
Pair it with tea of a cuppa of your choice, plus a book on a quiet afternoon. But we’re mums so we don’t have that kind of privilege lol.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Combine flour, gum, coconut and quinoa flakes and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter over a low heat with the water and syrup until all melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the baking soda to the liquid mix and stir - the mixture will foam, this is normal! Add the foamed mixture to the dry ingredients and combine until all moist (In the past I've found that you might have to add a little more syrup/water)
- Press into a lined slice tray (you can also roll into tablespoon sized balls and press with a fork to make biscuits)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for the slice and 8-10 minutes for the biscuits.