Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice
If you’ve never heard of cauliflower rice before, we dare you to try this Happy, Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice. When cooked properly it’s a better-than-rice, rice alternative that is lighter, fluffier and so much healthier.
We’ve whipped it up into a fried rice here, and if you don’t tell your kids we don’t think they’d even notice!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 800 grams Cauliflower Florets chopped roughly, no stems
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Bacon Rashers diced
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 150 grams Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 Brown Onion finely chopped
- 250 grams Cabbage sliced
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Put cauliflower florets into the food processor and pulse until they look like rice.
- In a wok, fry up the diced bacon on a high heat until it's very crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take the same pan and heat the coconut oil over high heat. Throw in the onion and garlic, cooking until both are well softened and fragrant. Add the mushrooms and ginger, stir frying for a few more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook until slightly soft, then throw in the cauliflower. You only need to cook the cauliflower for 3 minutes, or until it it tender.
- On top of the cooked cauliflower add the crispy bacon, the whistled eggs, the tamarin, the herbs and salt and pepper to your taste. Cook everything for a few monies, or until it's heated well and combined.
- You can top with more parsley, or spring onion upon serving, as well as fish sauce if you like.