Fish and chips are notoriously expensive these days – but it is really simple and easy to make Home Made Fish and Chips! – and fresh too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Fish Fillets of your choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable or Canola oil for frying
- Sift the flour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg and very slowly pour the cold beer into the flour mixture whilst whisking until a nice thick even batter forms.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer until a piece of bread browns in about 15 seconds.
- Dip the pieces of fish into the beer batter and carefully slide into the oil (only do two at a time - give the fish a bit of space).
- Cook until nicely browned and golden (turn over if needed). It should only take 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oil and drain on a paper towels.
- To make the chips, peel the potatoes and chop into chunky chips.
- Place the chips evenly spread on a paper towel covered plate and microwave for approximately 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- When the oil is piping hot carefully cook the chips until golden -remove from the oil and drain.