- First off you need to cut the plastic bottle in half. Mix the brown sugar in a bowl with the hot water and set aside and allow to cool.
- When cold pour into the sugar mixture into the bottom half of the bottle.
- Add the yeast. There is no need to mix it as it reacts and creates carbon dioxide which attracts the mosquitoes.
- Place the top of the bottle upside down into the bottom half and tape them together to stop them moving.
- Then wrap the sides of the bottle in a black garbage bag and taped into place. Make sure you leave the top uncovered.
- Place it in an animal and child free safe place. The mosquitoes will be attracted to the colour black and the yeast.