Beef stock is a good base for beef casseroles and hearty stews.
It is also a good base for Minestrone soup and many Asian dishes. Place the beef bones in a hot oven for 15 minutes, then cook as per the recipe.
Cooking the bones in the oven enhances the meaty flavour and gives you a well rounded, tasty stock!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 12 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper
- 2 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 2 1/2 Kilos Beef Soup Bones
- 1 Large Tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Potatoes chopped into cubes
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- In a pot, add in water and start to heat. Add all the ingredients in.
- Then, turn the heat down to let the stock simmer.
- Simmer for approximately four hours (or in the slow cooker on high for eight hours).
- Make sure to check several times during cooking and skim the 'scum' off the top and discard.
- Grab a large container with a lid.
- Put a strainer on top and pour the stock through it. Strain well.
- Discard all the ingredients remaining in the strainer.
- Cool the mixture down.
- Allow the stock to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge.