I’ll admit I’m quite intrigued by the use of Lactation Biscuits.
I’ll leave it up to the breastfeeding Mums to tell me if they really work or not but if you just enjoy nutritious and delicious cookies, then this is worth a try!
Suitable for the whole family to enjoy. Healthy, and delicious – the secret ingredient is meant to be the brewers yeast!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Brewers Yeast
- 1/4 cup Coconut dessiccated
- 1/4 cup Sugar, Brown
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Brewers Yeast (must be brewers yeast –no substitutes!)
- 1 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Fennel ground
- 60 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 250 grams Dates
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp Water boiled then cooled
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Mix oats, coconut, sugar, flour, brewer’s yeast, ginger, fennel, and dates in a large bowl.
- Butter the baking trays and heat oven to 150 degrees.
- Heat butter, water and golden syrup in a saucepan, stirring, until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in bicarbonate of soda until light and frothy.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing quickly and thoroughly.
- Roll the mixture into dry balls the size of walnuts and place on tray, allowing room for spreading.
- Sprinkle with a few fennel seeds per cookie.
- Press down gently with a spatula, and bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden and still slightly soft.
- Remove trays from oven and leave biscuits to cool on the trays for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely until crisp on the outside, but still a little chewy inside.