Lamb Veggies and Rice Baby Food
I finally had five minutes to write up some of my new flavours. Harry has started crawling, and he is a speed crawler! He’s also particularly interested in our insanely fluffy ginger cat Barry. Poor Barry.
Anyway, this is a new attempt at combining lamb and baby-friendly food, and the result is my Lamb Veggies and Rice Baby Food, and a definite favourite of Harry’s. He does the little excited kick under the highchair when he can smell it cooking. Very cute!
You can really use any vegetables your baby likes, I just wanted a ‘green’ based meal for this one. Do you want to try making Lamb Veggies and Rice Baby Food for your little ones, too? Here’s how.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- 1 cup Jasmine Or Brown Rice cooked
- 300 grams Lamb diced into small chunks
- 2 Zucchini sliced
- 1/2 Brown Onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1/2 medium Sweet Potato chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute the onions until clear.
- Add the chopped lamb and cook through.
- Add the sweet potato and stock, cover and leave for 5 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Add the zucchini and peas, cook for a further 5 minutes - or until the veggies are tender.
- Puree until you have desired consistency. Add the rice and give it a few more blasts (don't over puree the rice as it will turn gluggy).