Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Dissolve the yeast and a teaspoon of the sugar in a bowl with 1/3 cup of warm water.
- Put aside for 10 - 15 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift the two flours together with the spices and the sugar.
- Mash the bananas well and stir into the flour mixture with the egg and egg white mix.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and stir to form a dough.
- Knead gently for five minutes - add more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Grease a bowl with canola oil spray and place the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap - leave in a warm place for two hours (microwave is a good place, or a sink with warm water added).
- Turn out the dough onto a floured board and again knead for a few minutes.
- Shape and place in a greased loaf tin. Leave to rise an additional hour. Place bread into a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes.