Low Fat Tuna Mornay
Low Fat Tuna Mornay tastes just as good as normal tuna mornay just without as many calories! It’s simple to prepare and you won’t feel guilty afterwards!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 150 grams Wholemeal Pasta Shells
- 1 Large Tin Of Tuna In Springwater
- 1 Sweetcorn 400 gram tin
- 450 ml Nonfat Milk
- 1 tbsp Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Reduced Fat Butter
- 200 grams Lowfat Mature Cheese
- 1 tsp Grainy Mustard
- 150 grams Frozen Petit Pois
- 1 gram Salt And Pepper
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Cooked vegetables to serve on the side - such as green beans, cauliflower or broccoli
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for approximately 15 minutes
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, place into an oven dish with the tuna, peas and the sweetcorn.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan then add in the flour and stir well, then cook for a few minutes
- Next add a small amount of milk and stir really well. The mixture in the pan should swell and start to absorb the milk. Continue to add the milk a bit by bit, stirring so that the mixture doesn’t go lumpy, until all of the milk is added. Lightly cook for a few minutes until it thickens, then add three-quarters of the cheese and all of the mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next pour the sauce over all of the ingredients in the oven dish. Top with the remaining cheese and put into an 180C oven for 15-20 minutes until bubbling.