Mexican Chicken Bake is a good use of chicken thighs and cheese.
Chicken and cheese can never go wrong in my opinion. This recipe for Mexican Chicken Bake will prove it.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3/4 cup Short-grain Rice
- 600 grams Boneless Chicken Thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 400 grams Taco Sauce
- 300 grams Tin Of Red Kidney beans
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Cheese (cheddar) grated
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish with canola oil or similar.
- Cook the rice in a saucepan or in the microwave until tender (about 10 - 12 minutes) and drain well.
- Add the kidney beans and half of the coriander to the rice and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish and press down so the beans slightly 'squash' and the mixture is flat.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the mixture and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan and cook the chicken thighs until golden and cooked through.
- Combine taco sauce and sour cream together and cook for about three minutes or until the sauce is nice and heated through.
- Carefully arrange the chicken thigh and taco mixture on top of the rice and bean mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden.