Mild Lamb Curry is the perfect winter food! This delicious mild lamb curry recipe will soon be a family favourite. You’ll also love how it freeze wonderfully – so make a huge batch and freeze some for later!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Shoulder Chops diced
- 3/4 gram Plain Flour
- 2 Granny Smith Apples peeled diced
- 100 grams Butter
- 2 Brown Onions chopped finely
- 1 Tin Tomatoes crushed
- 2 Garlic crushed
- 1 3/4 Cups Beef Or Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sultanas
- 2 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Almonds flaked
- 2-3 Potatoes peeled and cut in quarters
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Toss the diced lamb pieces into the flour until well coated.
- Melt the butter in a pan and brown the floured lamb pieces and set aside.
- Reheat the pan and add the apple, onion, tin of tomatoes, garlic and curry powder.
- Fry off until the apple is soft and the sauce thickens. Pour into a heavy baking dish (or the slow cooker) and add the remaining ingredients except for the almonds.
- Bake for two hours at 180 degrees or for 6 - 7 hours in the slow cooker.
- Serve the lamb curry on a bed of rice and with some Naan Bread.