Mushroom Chicken Crepes
We often see crepes as being a sweet food, but these Mushroom Chicken Crepes will absolutely change the way you view this food. As it turns out crepes are the perfect savoury food, and this particular recipe is creamy and delicious like you wouldn’t believe!
Of course if you don’t much feel like making crepes from scratch, you can grab them frozen from the freezer section of your local supermarket!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- For the crepes, mix together the eggs, carnation milk, flour and water into a smooth batter using a whisk.
- Heat some of the butter on a frying pan over a medium heat, ensuring the pan is well covered.Pour about 1/4 of a cup of the smooth crepe batter into the pan, and swirl it to coat the cooking surface. Once one side is golden, flip it and cook the other side. Do this with all of your batter, stacking the crepes on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, or 180 fan forced, and set aside a baking dish.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and cook your onion, chicken and mushrooms for a few minutes until browned. Add the flour and the rest of the carnation milk. Bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring, for a few more minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the cheese.
- Divide the filling evenly among the crepes and roll up. Place in a baking dish, and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese is melted.