This orange and poppy seed bundt cake is super moist and so delicious.
It’s a new favourite in our house! Even the smell of this while baking and the look of it fresh out of the oven is incredibly mouthwatering. You’ll want a slice asap!
And the best thing about it is that my 15-year-old bakes it for us! 😍😍😍 Winning!
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Eggs large
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 5 Oranges zest and juice
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Poppy Seeds
- 200 grams Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Juice Of 4 Oranges
- 300 grams Icing Sugar
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Grease a 23cm non-stick Bundt tin
- Beat eggs in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment until light and creamy then gradually add the caster sugar. Continue beating for around 4-5 mins
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add the poppy seeds and zest and mix to combine. Fold into the egg mixture
- Add butter and juice and fold together gently
- Bake for 40 to 45 mins or until just cooked through
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for about 5 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To Make The Icing
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl and gradually add the orange juice until the icing sugar is a pourable consistency but not too runny
- Pour icing over the cooled Bundt and allow it to set.