If you want to bring a little colour into your kitchen, these tasty, crunchy, delicious Rainbow M&M Cookies are the thing to bake!
They are a massive hit with the kids – seeing how the cookies look colourful and festive. They’re perfect for birthday parties or any other celebratory occasion or for when you want a cookie or two when the kids are asleep – treat yo’ self!
We sometimes make them around Christmas time using just red and green M&Ms, and serve them up for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 270 grams Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, either using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, bat the soft butter for about 1 minute on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugars, and continue to beat until well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl down as needed.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. With the mixer running on a slow speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Pour in the M&Ms and the mini chocolate chips and beat on low for 20 seconds until combined.
- Once well combined, cover the dough and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes minimum (can be left for up to 5 days in fridge).
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees, and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Drop tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown at the edges. More M&Ms and choc chips can be pressed into the tops of the warm cookies for decorative purposes as desired.