We love a good raw cake, and this Raw Vegan Lime Cheesecake is particularly special. Not only does it involve no cooking, it’s also absolutely vegan making it ideal for those with egg or dairy allergies. This smooth and creamy cake will definitely take you by surprise, so give it a go today.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 3/4 cups Cashews
- 3/4 cup Pitted Dates
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 2/3 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Lime Zest plus more to garnish
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- The night before preparing this cake, soak the cashews in cold water. They should soak for at least 5-8 hours, so it is easier to soak them overnight.
- Place dates in some warm water and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Drain the water off, and blend in a food processor along with the almonds and desiccated coconut until left with a fine grain.
- Press this mixture into a 20cm square tin, or even a springform pan around the same size. Push down on the grain firmly until it is even and well compacted. Put into the fridge to set.
- Into the food processor add the soaked cashews, the lime juice and zest, the coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour creamy filling straight onto base, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with lime zest. Store in the freezer, and take out about 30 mins prior to serving.