This recipe is super easy with a 20 minute cook time. Salted Caramel Mini Apple Pies requires no stirring the pot for hours, a few store bought ingredients! I just love a hot apple pie – add salted caramel and this recipe had me at hello!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Pie Apples
- Chocolate coated caramels
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Sea Salt
- 425 grams Pie Apples
- 180 grams Chocolate Coated Caramels
- 4 Puff Pastry (sheet)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt to sprinkle
- 1 tbsp Sugar (raw) to sprinkle
- 1 Egg to brush over pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix pie apples and cinnamon sugar together in a bowl. Cut caramels into quarters and set aside.
- Lay pastry sheets out on bench and using a glass or cookie cutter cut 9 circles into each sheet. Line baking trays with baking paper and place the 18 pie bases on the lined trays. This makes it much easier as they are not easy to move before cooking.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of apple mix onto 18 pastry circles, top each one with 6 mini cubes of caramel sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt over each. Place a circle pastry lid on each pie and press edges down with a fork.
- Lightly beat egg in a cup and using a pastry brush, brush egg over pastry. This will make your pastry nice and golden brown when cooked.
- Sprinkle a pinch of raw sugar and sea salt over the top of pastry once brushed with egg. Cut two small slices in the top of your pastry.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.Serve hot with ice cream or dollop cream.