Slow Cooker Mushroom Risotto is a very hearty meal in one! Of course if your into meat and want to make it even heartier – feel free to add some beef strips or similar.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 5 cups Vegetable Stock (or beef stock if your not vegetarian)
- 1 Brown Onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 500 grams Button Mushrooms chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Cheese (Parmesan) grated
- Turn your slow cooker on to low and allow to heat for 15 minutes or so.
- Add the butter, chopped brown onion and garlic.
- Allow to cook with the lid on for 30 minutes to allow the butter to melt and the onion to soften.
- Add the rice and mix to coat with the butter mixture.
- Pour in the stock and white wine.
- Cook on low for 1.5 hours.
- Stir well.
- Add the mushrooms and allow to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Stir through the cheese, season and serve immediately.