Oh mama this is a keeper. This is deliciously sweet and goes really well with ice cream and cream. Nom nom nom!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place dates and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Now add butter, brown sugar and maple syrup and return to the boil. Add bicarb and minced ginger, mix. Allow to cool slightly.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into large bowl. Add lightly beaten eggs and mix.
- Add date mix and stir in with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour into lamington tray, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt brown sugar and butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir through sour cream, add sifted icing sugar and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth using a whisk.
- Allow cake and icing to cool before pouring icing over cake.