Pretty much all the SAHM ladies love Mexican food, but these Stunning Steak Fajitas take it a step further.
They’re everything we love about the Mexican flavours, but with the great quality of Aussie steaks. Super simple and delightful for any day in the week, these steak fajitas are a breeze to put together and sure to impress. Kids and adults alike love to put the fajitas together with their hands, making it a great family dinner for all.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Avocado peeled, mashed
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 400 grams Beef Rump Steak sliced thinly
- 1 packet Fajita Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Capsicum red and yellow, or your choice
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- Mix diced tomatoes and coriander in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl combine the mashed avocado with 2 tablespoons of lime juice and set aside as well. Make sure you mix the avocado into the lime juice well, or it will brown.
- Combine the thinly sliced steak with the fajita seasoning and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a bowl. Spin until well coated. Heat the remaining oil on a frying pan on high heat. Add the red onion, garlic, capsicum and stir for about 5 minutes or until the onion is golden and soft. Move to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook the steak in batches, each for a few minutes, until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, bring together the steak, onion mixture and the rest of the lime juice in a bowl.
- At the same time heat the tortillas as per the instructions on the pack. Serve the tortillas with the tomato mixture, avocado, and beef slices. Top with sour cream and additional avocado.