Veggie Shredders are one of my kid’s favourites. And they are packed with sneaky veggies in disguise which makes them a massive win in our house. Veggies shredders are not only easy to make, but a perfect lunch, dinner or…
Veggie Shredders are one of my kid’s favourites. And they are packed with sneaky veggies in disguise which makes them a massive win in our house. Veggies shredders are not only easy to make, but a perfect lunch, dinner or snack option to get rid of those leftover veggies from last night You can add, leave out or swap veggies with whatever you have in your fridge. I always spend Sunday afternoons checking the crisper to see what I can shred and cleaning the fridge before it starts growing it’s own colony. That’s one of the great things about veggie shredders – they work with just about any veggie out there! If you can shred them, you can add them.
And this is why Veggies Shredders are our third featured recipe in our Food Waste Challenge series.
Thanks to our partners at GLAD, we’ve come up with 12 extra-amazing recipes designed to help you reduce your food waste and show you the naked truth about how packaging can help you waste less food. The best way to prevent your veggies from turning is to store them correctly from the start. Setting aside a few extra minutes when you get home from with your shopping to wrap, shred and store your veggies in your crisper means they will stay fresh in the fridge for longer.
You can view all the recipes and collect the Recipe Cards, packed with great hints on proper food storage, freezing methods and tips on meal preparation and more!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Zucchini (grated)
- Carrots (grated)
- Potato (medium)
- Spanish Onion
- Bacon (diced)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Zucchini (grated)
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- 1 Potato (medium)
- 100 grams Green Beans
- 1 Spanish Onion
- 100 grams Bacon (diced)
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Dry Pancake Mix we used Pancake Parlour mix
- Salt And Pepper to season
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place stock, egg and pancake mix in a bowl and whisk together, allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Grate zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, potato in large bowl.
- Slice beans and spanish onion, add to veggies.
- Now stir through cheese and pancake mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir through until all ingredients are well combined.
- Heat electric frypan to medium heat (7)
- Place egg rings in pan and spray pan with oil.
- Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon into each egg ring- this will give you a nice high fritter and makes it easier to flip.
- After a few minutes flip your veggie shredder remove egg ring and reduce heat to 5.
- Place lid on and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes. This way each side will be golden brown and cooked through without burning.
- Increase the heat to 8, remove lid and crisp the outside for 2 minutes each side. Continue cooking until all mix is used.