Watermelon Bombe. Well I’ve had a lot of fun with this one, and if you have more patience than me (which wouldn’t be hard) you could do a much better job!!
Great for Summer Dessert, or a Birthday Cake – you choose! I’m going to serve it as dessert on Christmas Day – it’s very refreshing!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Peppermint Essence
- Green Food Colouring
- 1000 ml Vanilla Ice Cream
- 400 ml Cream whipped
- 500 ml Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 tsp Peppermint Essence
- 1 tsp Green Food Colouring
- 50 grams Chocolate Buttons
- Find a round deep bowl to use for the watermelon shape. I used a noodle bowl - but they are quite small.
- Line the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Add the litre of vanilla ice cream into a food processor with green food colouring to make it watermelon colour, and the peppermint essence.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread the green layer over the bottom of the plastic wrap and place in the freezer until well set. If you're making it in the really hot weather and it's too wet - place it in the freezer for half an hour - then take out and shape (I had to do that!).
- For the water 'pith' layer - beat some cream and layer this on top of the green ice cream layer.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Mix the chocolate buttons through the strawberry ice cream and fill the watermelon to the top.
- Add another layer of plastic wrap - freeze overnight.