This fun little crafty post was brought to you by our friends at Chux.
Thanks for supporting our SAHMily!
I love Pinterest.
It’s the go to place when you want to remodel your home office,when you’re looking for outfit inspirations and a place for millions of DIY ideas. I was scrolling through Pinterest one night just before I went to sleep, you know, for some post ideas, when I saw this cute little bumble bee made from a toilet paper roll.
And it’s sooo cute! Also, I have lots of these at home so.. why not put it to good use? I was excited to let the kids do this during the weekend.
Here’s what you need:
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Black Paint
- Paint Brush
- Coloured Paper
- Paint the toilet paper rolls with yellow.
- Cut the black construction paper into three strips.
- Glue the strips on the toilet paper roll so it creates a striped body.
- Then, take a yellow construction paper and cut out a circle.
- Create a pretty bumble bee smile on the circle and glue on the googly eyes.
- Glue the circle on the tip of the toilet paper roll. This will be the head of the bumble bee.
- On the opposite of the head, staple the pipe cleaners and carefully bend the tips to form a semi-swirl.
- Now, draw an outline of the bee’s wings on a white construction paper. Cut out the wings and glue it on the toilet paper roll.
- Put on some glitter on the wings and glue it on the toilet paper roll
- Voila! A pretty little bumble bee!
Creative play such as sculpting play doughs, painting, building or creating ignite’s a child’s imagination. If he/she can make something out of a toilet paper roll, what more can he/she create with art staples at home?
Letting them indulge in activities like these helps nurture their creative side and inspire them to freely create more. Letting the creative juice flow freely can lead to amazing things! Err.. maybe not always, if they then decide to paint on the dining table or on the walls.
You do have CHUX Original Superwipes to save the day. *wink wink*
Here’s a video tutorial!