Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Chicken Breast trimmed (or 500 grams chicken mince)
- 1 White Bread stale slice
- 4 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass chopped finely (or use the grated zest of 1 lemon)
- 1 Carrot peeled, grated
- 1 Zucchini grated
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg Lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 200 grams Udon Noodles optional
- Chop the chicken really finely until almost minced (buy chicken mince instead if you don’t like handling chicken this much). Place in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a stick blender to process the bread to make breadcrumbs.
- Add the spring onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and blitz to combine.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, carrot, zucchini, sauces, egg, coriander (if using) and noodles to the bread mixture and mix to combine well.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into golf ball-sized amounts and place on the tray. The mixture might seem sloppy but it will hold together in the oven.
- Spray the balls well with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn carefully, spray again and bake for another 15–20 minutes or until the balls are cooked through.
- Serve as is or on a bed of stir-fried Asian vegies with a dollop of sweet chilli sauce. They also taste great popped into Asian soups.