Almond meal is readily available in supermarkets these days, but can be relatively pricey. Think about stocking up on this type of ingredient when it is on sale or, alternatively make your own. Just wizz a handful of almonds in a dry food processor or blender and you’re done! No gadgets? A mortar and pestle combined with a bit of action from your guns will do the job just as well. Bananas are at their best for baking when they are almost ready to kick the bucket. We like to whip this loaf up when the fruit flies appear to be ready to cart the last of the bananas out of the fruit bowl.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 125 grams Butter melted and cooled
- 3 Bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- Line loaf tin with baking paper and preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Sift the flour, almond meal, baking powder and bicarb of soda into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, eggs, butter and beat for about 3 minutes with a fork until all combined.
- Fold through the bananas and blueberries then spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the tin, then remove and slice to serve.